Our DBT Program for Young Adults
- Comprehensive DBT includes the following components:
- Weekly individual therapy
- Phone coaching 7 days/week
- Weekly DBT Skills Class
- Weekly consultation group for all therapists on the DBT team
- DBT Skills Class Only
- As an alternative to our Comprehensive DBT program, we open class enrollment to young adults who are meeting regularly with a mental health provider outside of Clearwater. We ask that this provider actively supports this adjunctive DBT intervention. All young adults interested in this option will need to participate in a pre-enrollment 50-minute intake appointment with the skills class instructor. The fee for this intake appointment is $200. We do not contract with insurance companies. We will provide participants with an invoice at the end of each module to submit for an out-of-network reimbursement.
Overview of DBT Skills Classes:
- DBT Skills Class meet weekly in a classroom-like setting. The curriculum is divided into three 8-week modules. It is strongly encouraged that adults complete the entire 24-week curriculum at least once, consistent with clinical research recommendations for optimal results. Class has a maximum of 13 participants. Cost for class is $100/week, paid in 8-week installments ($800) at the beginning of a module. The three modules are briefly summarized below:
- Distress Tolerance: Crisis coping skills for high emotional distress
- Emotion Regulation: Skills to increase emotional resilience, effective problem solving, and exposure techniques
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Increasing relationship effectiveness, self-advocacy, and skillful requesting
- Core DBT Mindfulness Skills are woven into each module
Young Adult Skills Class (Zoom):
- Tuesdays from 6:00 to 7:30 with Karen Erickson, LMFT. Next entry point is 10/19/21. We will be starting the Distress Tolerance Module.
Clearwater is located blocks from Kaiser Permanente in Oakland. It has parking available, is on a major bus line, and is within walking distance of the MacArthur BART station. It is only about a 25 minute drive from Walnut Creek, Danville, and other Tri-Valley communities.