Our DBT Program for Young Adults
- Comprehensive DBT includes the following components:
- Weekly individual therapy
- Phone coaching 7 days/week
- Weekly DBT Skills Class
- Weekly consultation group for all therapists on the DBT team
- DBT Skills Class Only
- As an alternative to our Comprehensive DBT program, we open class enrollment to young adults who are meeting regularly with a mental health provider outside of Clearwater. We ask that this provider actively supports this adjunctive DBT intervention. All young adults interested in this option will need to participate in a pre-enrollment 50-minute intake appointment with the skills class instructor. The fee for this intake appointment is $200. We do not contract with insurance companies. We will provide participants with an invoice at the end of each module to submit for an out-of-network reimbursement.
Overview of DBT Skills Classes:
- DBT Skills Class meet weekly in a classroom-like setting. The curriculum is divided into three 8-week modules. It is strongly encouraged that adults complete the entire 24-week curriculum at least once, consistent with clinical research recommendations for optimal results. Class has a maximum of 13 participants. Cost for class is $100/week, paid in 8-week installments ($800) at the beginning of a module. The three modules are briefly summarized below:
- Distress Tolerance: Crisis coping skills for high emotional distress
- Emotion Regulation: Skills to increase emotional resilience, effective problem solving, and exposure techniques
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Increasing relationship effectiveness, self-advocacy, and skillful requesting
- Core DBT Mindfulness Skills are woven into each module
Our DBT Skills classes fill up very quickly. If you interested in enrollment in an upcoming module, please submit an online inquiry right away. Our enrollment process (i.e., initial inquiry, paperwork completion, intake appointment, enrollment confirmation) can take up to 3 weeks. Please plan accordingly to provide enough time for all steps.
Young Adult Skills Class (Zoom):
- Tuesdays from 6:00 to 7:30 with Karen Erickson, LMFT.
- Upcoming Entry Dates:
- Emotion Regulation: August 9th, 2022
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: October 11th, 2022
Clearwater is located blocks from Kaiser Permanente in Oakland. It has parking available, is on a major bus line, and is within walking distance of the MacArthur BART station. It is only about a 25 minute drive from Walnut Creek, Danville, and other Tri-Valley communities.