DBT Skills Class for Binge Eating Disorder and Bulimia
- Start Date: TBD (20-week curriculum)
- Mondays 12:00-1:30 pm with Hilary Ferris White, LCSW and Jill Rodgers-Quaye, Ph.D.
- Maximum of 12 participants
- $100/ per person per class/$2000 for the full course. Payment in full required before the start of class.
- Contact: Hilary Ferris White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Rodgers Quaye, Ph.D. and Hilary Ferris White, LCSW will be holding a virtual Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills class for binge eating and bulimia for adults 18 and older. Over the course of 20 weeks participants will learn standard DBT skills of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and a shortened interpersonal effectiveness module. In addition, this class will provide nutrition information, motivation and commitment strategies to stop binging, as well as relapse prevention. Casey Crosby, RD will provide nutrition information via guest lectures.
All class members must be in ongoing individual therapy and medically stable. Members must commit to not dieting during the period of the group. Unlike other standard DBT classes with rolling admission, this class is a closed group where participants sign up for the full 20 weeks.