Our Adult DBT Program
- Comprehensive DBT includes the following components:
- Weekly individual therapy
- Phone coaching 7 days/week
- Weekly DBT Skills Class
- Weekly consultation group for all therapists on the DBT team
- DBT Skills Class Only
- As an alternative to our Comprehensive DBT program, we open class enrollment to adults who are meeting regularly with a mental health provider outside of Clearwater. We ask that this provider actively supports this adjunctive DBT intervention. All adults interested in this option will need to participate in a pre-enrollment 50-minute intake appointment with the skills class instructor. The fee for this intake appointment is $200. We do not contract with insurance companies. We will provide participants with an invoice at the end of each module to submit for an out-of-network reimbursement.
Overview of DBT Skills Classes:
- DBT Skills Classes meet weekly. The curriculum is divided into three 8-week modules. It is strongly encouraged that adults complete the entire 24-week curriculum at least once, consistent with clinical research recommendations for optimal results. Class has a maximum of 13 participants. Cost for class is $100/week, paid in 8-week installments ($800) at the beginning of a module. The three modules are briefly summarized below:
- Distress Tolerance: Crisis coping skills for high emotional distress
- Emotion Regulation: Skills to increase emotional resilience, effective problem solving, and exposure techniques
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Increasing relationship effectiveness, self-advocacy, and skillful requesting
- Core DBT Mindfulness Skills are woven into each module
Our DBT Skills classes fill up very quickly. If you interested in enrollment in an upcoming module, please submit an online inquiry right away. Our enrollment process (i.e., initial inquiry, paperwork completion, intake appointment, enrollment confirmation) can take up to 3 weeks. Please plan accordingly to provide enough time for all steps.
Adult DBT Skills Classes (Zoom) with Erika Swanson, Ph.D
Class Time: Tuesdays from 6:15-7:45 pm
Upcoming Entry Dates:
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: September 6th, 2022
- Distress Tolerance: November 1st, 2022
- Emotion Regulation: January 10th, 2023
Advanced DBT Skills Class
- Mondays from 5:30 to 7:00 with Erika Swanson, Ph.D.
**This class is closed. Check back in 2023 for enrollment**
DBT Skills Class for Binge Eating and Bulimia (CLOSED)
- Start Date: TBD (20-week curriculum)
- Mondays 12:00-1:30 pm with Hilary Ferris White, LCSW and Jill Rodgers-Quaye, Ph.D.
- Maximum of 12 participants
- Contact: Hilary Ferris White at email@example.com
Jill Rodgers Quaye, Ph.D. and Hilary Ferris White, LCSW will be holding a virtual Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills class for binge eating and bulimia for adults 18 and older. Over the course of 20 weeks participants will learn standard DBT skills of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and a shortened interpersonal effectiveness module. In addition, this class will provide nutrition information, motivation and commitment strategies to stop binging, as well as relapse prevention. Casey Crosby, RD will provide nutrition information via guest lectures.
All class members must be in ongoing individual therapy and medically stable. Members must commit to not dieting during the period of the group. Unlike other standard DBT classes with rolling admission, this class is a closed group where participants sign up for the full 20 weeks.